The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering GIO Stadium Canberra.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags and personal items brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests will be evicted.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into, or taken from the venue by patrons.
- Persons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Smoking on the premises is only permitted in designated smoking areas and not within the seated, thoroughfare and concourse areas.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons should note that their movements within may be subject to monitoring by closed circuit television.
- Patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio & visual.
- Patrons bringing personal items do so at their own risk and the venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue; however for the comfort of other patrons, umbrellas are not permitted to be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field.
- Patrons are admitted at their own risk.
- Any unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface is not permitted.
- The capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted. For this reason, professional photography equipment may be refused entry.
- Patrons understand that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration.
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and / or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited item into Canberra Stadium;
- Refuse entry for patrons who refuse to comply with any security measures, including but not limited to bag inspection/search, metal detection or other deemed necessary by the venue.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into the venue:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, cans or breakable containers;
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers, knives, dangerous weapons or any device that has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance;
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
- Spray cans or compressed air canisters;
- All animals except guiding or hearing animals;
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles or other wheeled recreation devices;
- Recording devices (for commercial purposes);
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Any items or goods for sale;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat.
- Items which venue management or security staff determines could be used as a missile or weapon.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption.
- Unopened non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 600ml for individual consumption.
- Containers used for drinking water or coffee / tea upon inspection and approval by security staff that they do not contain alcohol.
Patrons are not permitted to bring pre-packaged or commercial branded food and beverage products into the venue.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 6 on the Western side of the stadium is a designated no-alcohol area. This may vary from event to event.
No Smoking Policy
For the comfort of patrons, a non-smoking policy is in place for all seated, thoroughfare and concourse areas. Patrons may smoke in the dedicated areas around the forecourt perimeter of the stadium and away from the main pedestrian thoroughfares. Bins are provided on the forecourt level to extinguish cigarettes.
All persons entering are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the ACT Liquor Act 1975.
NOTE - These conditions of entry are subject to change for specific events and the venue reserves the right to implement, at any time and without notice, security measures deemed necessary to ensure the protection and safety of patrons attending the venue.