The following Conditions of Entry apply to all patrons attending GIO Stadium Canberra.
- Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons should note that children must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patrons should note that their movements within GIO Stadium may be subject to monitoring by closed circuit television and by entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff will be evicted.
- Persons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure at GIO Stadium will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into GIO Stadium do so at their own risk and GIO Stadium will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from GIO Stadium by patrons.
- Smoking on the premises is only permitted in designated smoking areas and not within the seated, thoroughfare, concourse and enclosed areas.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but for the comfort of others should not be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field.
- Any unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within GIO Stadium is not permitted.
- Any unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- GIO Stadium wishes to advise patrons that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at GIO Stadium.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration.
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food (eg. McDonalds, KFC, etc). Patrons are permitted to enter the venue in possession of prepared food (eg: sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps).
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- From time to time events hosted at GIO Stadium may fall under the ACT Major Events Act 2014.
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into GIO Stadium.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, cans or breakable containers;
- Opened or partially filled drink containers;
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
- All animals except guiding or hearing animals;
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles;
- Recording devices (for commercial purposes);
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Any items or goods for sale;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a sea;
- Fireworks/flares/laser lights;
- Any device that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance. This includes but is not limited to weapons, knives, spray cans or compressed air canisters.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened Non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 600 ml for individual consumption.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 6 on the Western side of GIO Stadium is a designated no-alcohol area.
No Smoking Policy
For the comfort of patrons within GIO Stadium, a non-smoking policy is in place for all seated areas, thoroughfare and concourse areas.
Patrons may smoke in the dedicated areas around the forecourt perimeter of the stadium and away from the main pedestrian thoroughfares.
Bins are provided on the forecourt level to extinguish cigarettes.
All persons entering GIO Stadium are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the ACT Liquor Act 2010.
NOTE – These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
For further information, email GIO Stadium Canberra or call (02) 6256 6700.