The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering GIO Stadium Canberra
Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Children (12 years and younger as defined in the Children and Young People Act 2008 (ACT) must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patron movements within GIO Stadium are subject to monitoring by closed circuit television. By entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff will be evicted.
- Patrons caught damaging or vandalising any infrastructure at GIO Stadium will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into GIO Stadium do so at their own risk and GIO Stadium will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from GIO Stadium by patrons.
- Smoking (inclusive of electronic cigarettes and similar devices) on the premises is only permitted in designated smoking areas and not within the seated, thoroughfare, concourse and enclosed areas.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but cannot be utilized in a way which restricts any view of the playing field for other patrons.
- Unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within GIO Stadium is not permitted.
- Unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Patrons understand that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at GIO Stadium and will not hold the venue liable for any loss, injury or damage as a result of being struck by a ball.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration (aerosol sunscreen NOT permitted).
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food (eg. McDonalds, KFC, etc). Patrons are permitted to enter the venue in possession of prepared food (eg: sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps).
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- From time to time events hosted at GIO Stadium may fall under the Major Events Act 2014 (ACT).
Note: For National Rugby League (NRL) matches, the conditions are to be read in conjunction with the National Rugby League Event Conditions.
Note: For Rugby Australia (RA) matches (including domestic and international competitions), the conditions are to be read in conjunction with Rugby Australia’s Terms and Conditions.
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into GIO Stadium;
- Refuse entry to patrons not complying with Venue Terms and Conditions.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, glass, cans or breakable/glass containers;
- Unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones;
- Opened or partially filled drink containers;
- Musical instruments, whistles or air horns;
- All animals except guiding, companion or hearing animals (Registration of the animal MUST be provided);
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles;
- Recording devices (used for commercial purposes);
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Any items or goods for sale;
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
- Fireworks/flares/laser devices;
- Tents, sun shelters, beach tents and like products;
- Any device, instrument or object that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance. This includes but is not limited to weapons, knives, spray cans or compressed air canisters;
- Other items as determined by Venue Management or Police from time to time.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened, non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 1 litre for individual consumption (excluding glass, cans or breakable containers);
- Empty refillable water bottles or thermos up to 1 litre in volume are permitted upon inspection.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 6 on the Western side of GIO Stadium is a designated no-alcohol area.
No Smoking Policy
For the comfort of patrons within GIO Stadium, a non-smoking policy is in place for all seated areas, thoroughfare and concourse areas. This non-smoking policy includes the use of electronic cigarettes (personal vaporisers).
Patrons may smoke or use personal vaporisers in the dedicated areas around the forecourt perimeter of the stadium and away from the main pedestrian thoroughfares. Patrons may not view the event whilst they are smoking or vaping.
Bins are provided on the forecourt level to extinguish cigarettes.
This policy will be monitored and enforced by Event Staff, Customer Service and Event Security. Patrons who contravene this policy may be removed from the venue.
All persons entering GIO Stadium are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2010 (ACT).
- Patrons can voluntarily use the Check In CBR App once inside GIO Stadium
- The primary purchaser is also responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 Health Directions
- Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at GIO Stadium could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption
- The GIO Stadium Box Office is open for ticket sales on match day.
- All patrons entering GIO Stadium must have a ticket, however children under 5 years are entitled to enter the ground at no charge and must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult
- Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen
- Ticketek is the only official ticketing agent for matches at GIO Stadium
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket
- Seating Plan Map
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry – this includes items in clear, see-through bags
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
- including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle or thermos and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Hard sided eskies are not permitted
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests may be asked to provide their name when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Parking at GIO Stadium is subject to a $10 charge payable by cash only in all areas
- Early bird parking is $5 cash only payment, 45 minutes prior to kick-off
- Overflow parking is available at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park with minimal interaction with attendants
- Parking officers will be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally and safely. Please be mindful and respectful of residents who live nearby.
- Parking vouchers will be utilised and corporate parking is available on match day;
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in the West Grandstand (Bays 7-15), North Terrace (Bays 16-21), South Terrace (Bays 1-6) and Inner Bowl (Bays 77-79 & 50-61) are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in the East Grandstand (Bays 22-32) and Inner Bowl (Bays 62-76) are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Parking Map (PDF)
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page on the GIO Stadium website for the final bus schedule.
- Additional information relating to public transport can be found at the Transport Canberra page
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Tickets to the games will be available initially to club members. The club will communicate with members in relation to the purchase of tickets.
The GIO Stadium Box Office will be open on match day for ticket purchases. Assistance will be available for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
Can I sit next to my friends or my family members?
Spectators may be seated in household or family groups.
Can I take transport to GIO Stadium?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information and times available from QCity.
Additional information relating to public transport can be found at the Transport Canberra page.
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at GIO Stadium?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Before attending the venue, patrons are urged to continue to protect themselves and the community by:
- Maintaining good hand hygiene
- Physical distancing
- Staying home if unwell and getting tested
- Voluntarily checking in using the Check In CBR app; and
- Monitoring the latest travel advice.
On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
Full details of Conditions of Entry will be communicated to ticketholders directly by the club or via Ticketek, including the additional temporary conditions of entry relating to these matches due to COVID-19.
No signs will be permitted unless otherwise authorised by GIO Stadium.
All blankets must be able to be held up for inspection.
Are bags allowed into GIO Stadium?
- Yes, but we recommend carrying items in clear, see-through bags for faster entry.
- Security guards must search every bag that enters GIO Stadium which can be time consuming and causes congestion.
- Not bringing bags reduces the risk of crowding and makes it easier for physically distance when entering the ground.
How can I park at GIO Stadium and what is the fee?
Parking is $10 and is cash payment only. Early bird is $5 cash payment, within 45 minutes of gates opening.
Access to the East carparks via Masterman St and West carparks via Battye St.
Corporate voucher parking is available.
Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Free accessible parking is available on both the East (Masterman St) and West (Battye St) sides of the stadium.
Please park legally at all times and refer to the parking maps on the GIO Stadium website for more information.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at GIO Stadium?
Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
What are the gate opening times?
GIO Stadium will be open at 1:00pm and the venue shall close as soon as is possible post match. It should be noted that there will be no player mix and patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the final siren.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
Select food and beverage outlets will be open including gluten free and vegetarian options. Please practice physical distancing where possible, and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff. Please return to your seat after purchasing food or beverages.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the corporate entrances. Patrons in West corporate areas should park and enter via the West. Patrons in East corporate areas should park and enter via the East.
How do I access my ticket?
If you have purchased your corporate package directly from GIO Stadium, your ticket will be available via EventHub. Names and contact numbers will be requested of people attending corporate areas.
If you are a corporate guest of the Brumbies or Raiders, the club will communicate with you directly in relation to accessing tickets.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Service times are restricted to one hour before kick-off and close by the conclusion of the game.
How many patrons can sit in the outdoor corporate area?
The corporate areas allow up to the current venue capacity.
NOTE – These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
For further information, email GIO Stadium Canberra or call (02) 6256 6700.