VENUE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following conditions of entry apply to all patrons entering GIO Stadium. These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
- Patrons are admitted to the venue at their own risk.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the venue.
- Management reserves the right to search persons entering the venue by passing a portable electronic scanner over them.
- Patrons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the field of play will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Children (12 years and younger as defined in the Children and Young People Act 2008) must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Patron movements within GIO Stadium are subject to monitoring by closed circuit television. By entering the venue, patrons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Patrons who use offensive, threatening language, racially vilify others, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by venue staff will be evicted.
- Patrons caught damaging, vandalising or interfering with any infrastructure at GIO Stadium will be evicted and be liable for prosecution.
- Patrons bringing personal items into GIO Stadium do so at their own risk and GIO Stadium will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property. A lost property register is maintained by management however GIO Stadium accepts no responsibility for any lost property
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from GIO Stadium by patrons.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of electronic cigarettes and similar devices on the premises is only permitted in designated smoking areas and not within the seated, thoroughfare, concourse and enclosed areas.
- Umbrellas may be brought into the venue, but for the comfort of others should not be put up if it restricts any view of the playing field for other patrons.
- Unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements to any surface within GIO Stadium is not permitted.
- Unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Patrons understand that they are at risk of being struck by a ball whilst viewing a sporting event at GIO Stadium and will not hold the venue liable for any loss, injury or damage as a result of being struck by a ball.
- Patrons are advised to take appropriate care regarding sun protection and hydration (note that aerosol sunscreen is NOT permitted).
- Patrons are prohibited from entering the venue in possession of external commercialised food and drink (e.g., McDonalds, KFC, etc). Patrons are permitted to enter the venue in possession of prepared food (e.g., sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps).
- Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
- From time to time events hosted at GIO Stadium may fall under the Major Events Act 2014 (ACT) which may result in amendments to the GIO Stadium conditions of entry.
Note: For National Rugby League (NRL) matches, the conditions are to be read in conjunction with the National Rugby League Event Conditions. Please check the NRL website for these terms.
Note: For Rugby Australia (RA) matches (including domestic and international competitions), the conditions are to be read in conjunction with Rugby Australia’s Terms and Conditions. Please check the Rugby Australia website for these terms.
- Ticketek is the official agent for all ticketed events at GIO Stadium. Please be aware that tickets purchased from providers other than Ticketek may not be valid, and you may be refused entry.
- Patrons may be asked to verify their identify against their ticket/s.
- Patrons are required to sit in their designated seat, as indicated on their ticket, including in inclement weather.
- For general admission (GA) tickets, patrons are required to sit in the Bay or designated areas as indicated on their ticket or as directed by GIO Stadium staff.
Refusal of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons
- Refuse entry to patrons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into GIO Stadium.
Patrons are not permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Illicit drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass, breakable glass containers including opened or partially filled drink containers
- Offensive weapons such as knives, bladed weapons or firearms; including toy, replica or imitation weapons
- Fireworks, flares, explosive devices or laser devices
- Unauthorised unmanned Aerial Devices / Drones
- Opened or partially filled drink containers (thermoses and water bottles up to 1L excepted)
- Musical instruments, whistles, or air horns (unless prior approval has been granted by GIO Stadium management)
- All animals except guiding, companion or hearing animals (Registration of the animal MUST be provided)
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades, tricycles or bicycles
- Recording devices (used for commercial purposes)
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size
- Commercial, political, religious or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage
- Any items or goods for sale
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat
- Tents, sun shelters, beach tents and like products
- Any device, instrument or object that, in the opinion of management, has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or detract from patron experience and enjoyment. This includes but is not limited to weapons (including replica or toy), knives (including replica or toy), spray cans or compressed air canisters
- Other items as determined by Venue Management or Police from time to time.
Cloakroom facilities are not available for any of the above items.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are permitted to bring the following items into GIO Stadium:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened, non-alcoholic beverages at or less than 1 litre for individual consumption (excluding glass, cans or breakable containers);
- Empty refillable water bottles or thermos up to 1 litre in volume are permitted upon inspection.
Alcohol Free Bay
Bay 6 on the Western side of GIO Stadium is a designated no-alcohol area.
No Smoking or Vaping Policy
For the comfort of patrons within GIO Stadium, a non-smoking and vaping policy is in place for all seated areas, thoroughfare, and concourse areas.
Patrons may smoke or vape in the dedicated areas around the forecourt perimeter of the stadium and away from the main pedestrian thoroughfares. Patrons may not view the event whilst they are smoking.
Bins are provided on the forecourt level to extinguish cigarettes.
This policy will be monitored and enforced by Event Staff, Customer Service and Event Security. Patrons who contravene this policy may be removed from the venue.
All persons entering GIO Stadium are advised that:
- They are entering licensed premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors; and
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2010 (ACT).
NOTE – These conditions of entry may be subject to change for specific events and alterations or additions to these conditions will be displayed at each point of entry.
For further information, email GIO Stadium Canberra or call (02) 6256 6700.