About GIO Stadium Canberra
GIO Stadium is an iconic Australian sporting venue which plays host to the ACT Brumbies and Canberra Raiders. With a seating capacity of over 25,000, it also hosts a number of international and community events, as well as providing first-class function and conference facilities.
Set amidst the native bush land of North Canberra and adjacent to the Australian Institute of Sport, GIO Stadium is a magnificent venue. In an Australian city renowned throughout the world for its careful planning, contemporary architecture and wonderful gardens, GIO Stadium is a shining example of quality design and construction.
It has become part of a way of life, providing an atmosphere of quality, service and choice for all, with prospects for a wide range of entertainment and facilities in a venue that continues to make history through ACT, national and international sporting achievements. As time goes by, its already rich history will continue to grow.
GIO Stadium’s media facilities include:
- Parking for outside broadcast van
- Ground light for commercial television coverage
- 8 enclosed television/radio commentary positions
- 16 press and observer seats within close proximity to press working area
- Photographers working area in close proximity to the playing field and access areas for press and journalists.
- The length of the grass on our field is currently 25mm
- Our light towers reach 67 metres into the sky
- The perimeter of the Stadium structure is 800 metres