TEMPORARY CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please check this page before the game as conditions may change.
Game Day Information
Raiders v Sharks and Raiders v Dragons at GIO Stadium – Cancelled
The Canberra Raiders regret to advise that due the NRL’s announcement to relocate 12 teams to Queensland to preserve the NRL Telstra Premiership season, the Raiders v Sharks and Raiders v Dragons games will not be played at GIO Stadium.
All tickets purchased to the below dates will receive a full refund.
- Sat 17 July 2021 – Raiders v Sharks, GIO Stadium Canberra
- Fri 6 Aug 2021 – Raiders v Dragons, GIO Stadium Canberra
Tickets purchased by credit or debit card will be automatically refunded in full to the card originally used for purchase and patrons do not need to take any action. Patrons should allow approximately 20 working days for the refund to appear in their account.
If you purchased your tickets at a Ticketek agency or paid in full using gift vouchers, please contact Ticketek here.
In addition to GIO Stadium’s usual Conditions of Entry, the following additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic:
- The current venue capacity of GIO Stadium is 100% and has been approved by ACT Health
- Patrons are encouraged to use the Check In CBR app once inside the stadium. Hover your smartphone over the displayed QR code. You can also list additional people (including children) when checking in.
- The primary purchaser is also responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 health directions.
- Please note that you will be sitting next to other patrons at the venue. Patrons must remain in allocated seats during the match for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Face masks must be worn when in indoor spaces
- There will be a police presence to support the ACT Public Health Directions and to keep players, patrons and the CBR community safe.
- Keep up-to-date on the changing situation by visiting www.covid-19.act.gov.au
- For the latest travel advice on entering the ACT please visit here.
- The ACT Government also has a helpline to assist Canberrans through the challenges of COVID-19. The COVID-19 Helpline is (02) 6207 7244 and is available from 8am-midnight daily.
- Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at GIO Stadium Canberra could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption.
- Ticket sales to the games at GIO Stadium Canberra will end at the time specified above in line with changed COVID-19 directions. Any time-gap allows the venue to verify all ticket-purchasers to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event.
- The GIO Stadium Box Office will be closed for ticket sales on match day. Assistance will be available for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of 5
- Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
- Ticketek is the only official ticketing agent for matches at GIO Stadium
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- Patrons will have a reserved seat. The ticket will show a Bay, Row and seat number. Patrons must sit in the designated Bay, Row and seat number, even during wet weather
- Reserved seating is used to enhance tracing procedures, please contact venue management or attend the ticket box if you have queries and alternative arrangements will be considered where possible
- Return to your seat after a food or bathroom break so queues can be managed in a COVID safe way.
- Seating Plan Map
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry – this includes items in clear, see-through bags.
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- in a small purse- the size restriction of 20cm x 15cm applies
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
- including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle or thermos and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
- Umbrellas can be used but must not interfere with other people’s viewing.
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Eskies and cooler bags
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must provide their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area; and
- The corporate dress code will be applicable;
- The outdoor area of the Stadium Sports Lounge allows up to the current venue capacity;
- The outdoor area of Private Suites allows up to the current venue capacity.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Parking at GIO Stadium is subject to a $10 charge payable by cash only in all areas
- Early bird parking is $5 cash only payment, 45 minutes prior to kick-off
- Overflow parking is available from 6pm at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park with minimal interaction with attendants
- Parking officers will be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally and safely. Please be mindful and respectful of residents who live nearby.
- Parking vouchers will be utilised and corporate parking is available on match day;
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in the West Grandstand (Bays 7-15), North Terrace (Bays 16-21), South Terrace (Bays 1-6) and Inner Bowl (Bays 77-79 & 50-61) are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in the East Grandstand (Bays 22-32) and Inner Bowl (Bays 62-76) are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Parking Map (PDF)
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page on the GIO Stadium website for the final bus schedule.
- Additional information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can found at the ACT Government COVID-19 Community Transport page.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Tickets to the games will be available initially to club members. The club will communicate with members in relation to the purchase of tickets.
The GIO Stadium Box Office will be closed on match day. Assistance will be available for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
Can I sit next to my friends or my family members?
Spectators may be seated in household or family groups, where possible observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres between other spectators.
Can I take transport to GIO Stadium?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information and times available from QCity.
Additional information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/help-and-advice/travelling-and-transport
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at GIO Stadium?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue. Always practice safe physical distancing and hygiene practices.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection. No bags are permissible into GIO Stadium, all belongings must be kept on you and able to be carried on your worn clothing.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Staff, visitors and contractors are not to attend any venue if they:
- Have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in in the last 14 days (in particular fever, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, sore throat).
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Have had close contact with or cared for someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
Patrons are asked to apply COVID-19 recommended hygiene procedures at all times whilst in attendance at the venue – information to be found at: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/. On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
Full details of Conditions of Entry will be communicated to ticketholders directly by the club or via Ticketek, including the additional temporary conditions of entry relating to these matches due to Covid-19.
No signs will be permitted unless otherwise authorised by GIO Stadium.
All blankets must be able to be held up for inspection.
Are bags allowed into GIO Stadium?
- Bags are not permissible currently, all items brought in must be able to be carried by hand or in your worn clothing.
- Security guards must search every bag that enters GIO Stadium which can be time consuming and causes congestion.
- Not bringing bags reduces the risk of crowding and makes it easier for physically distance when entering the ground.
- You can carry individual food items or other items such as nappies and baby food in clear or sealed packaging.
How can I park at GIO Stadium and what is the fee?
Parking is $10 and is cash payment only. Early bird is $5 cash payment, within 45 minutes of gates opening.
Access to the East carparks via Masterman St and West carparks via Battye St.
Corporate voucher parking is available.
Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Free accessible parking is available on both the East (Masterman St) and West (Battye St) sides of the stadium.
Please park legally at all times and refer to the parking maps on the GIO Stadium website for more information.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at GIO Stadium?
Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
What are the gate opening times?
GIO Stadium will be open at 6:30pm and the venue shall close as soon as is possible post match. It should be noted that there will be no player mix and patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the final siren.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
Select food and beverage outlets will be open. Please practice physical distancing at all times, and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff.
- A limited food and beverage menu will be available including gluten free and vegetarian options.
- Please return to your seat after purchasing food or beverages.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the corporate entrances. Patrons in West corporate areas should park and enter via the West. Patrons in East corporate areas should park and enter via the East.
How do I access my ticket?
If you have purchased your corporate package directly from GIO Stadium, your ticket will be available via EventHub. Names and contact numbers will be requested of people attending corporate areas.
If you are a corporate guest of the Plus500 Brumbies or Raiders, the club will communicate with you directly in relation to accessing tickets.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Service times are restricted to one hour before kick-off and close by the conclusion of the game.
How many patrons can sit in the outdoor corporate area?
Due to physical distancing protocols, corporate outdoor seating is limited in Suites and the Sports Lounge.
- The Stadium Sports Lounge allows up to the current venue capacity
- Private Suites are allowed up to the current venue capacity