TEMPORARY CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please check this page before the game as conditions may change.
To assist with contact tracing, all patrons are encouraged to install the COVIDSafe App before entering the stadium.
In addition to GIO Stadium’s usual Conditions of Entry, additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, for matches to be played at GIO Stadium on Friday 3 and Saturday 4 July 2020.
- Patrons will have a ticketed seat and must sit in their designated seat;
- There will be two vacant seats between occupied seats and every second row will be vacant. Patrons are not permitted to sit in vacant seats.
- Children under the age of 12 or patrons with special needs will be permitted to sit in the seat directly next to their parent or primary care giver;
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- Seating Plan Map
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Any type of bag including a handbag, camera bag, lunchbox or plastic bags;
- Jackets or items of clothing may not be carried into the venue – they must be worn at the time of entry;
- Thermoses or drink bottles;
- Any signage, flags, posters or musical instrument without prior approval; and
- Footballs, or any other kind of ball.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- You may carry permitted items on you at time of entry either in your hand or pockets.
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification at time of entry;
- You may carry small purses without a shoulder strap;
- You may carry individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar;
- One sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle and up to 600mL in size;
- Patrons attending with an infant may bring a large size, clear zip-lock bag into the venue to carry required items such as nappies, wipes and formula. A stroller may also be permitted subject to the venue’s standard terms and conditions. Additional items must not be carried in the stroller;
- One blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security;
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length is permitted, but must not be in a bag.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests must sign a registration sheet with their name and contact phone number when entering the corporate area; and
- The corporate dress code will be applicable.
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Parking fees will be waived to remove the need for cash collection at entry points to the car parks;
- Minimal traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park without any interaction with attendants;
- Parking vouchers will not be utilised;
- There will be no corporate parking area due to the small number of patrons attending;
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in bays 61 – 68 and bays 22 – 26 are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in bays 69 – 76 and bays 27 – 32 are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
- Parking Maps
Travelling by bus
- Buses will operate at a reduced capacity in line with current guidelines for public transport;
- Patrons are asked to adhere to 1.5m social distancing when queuing for buses;
- During the process of obtaining your access ticket to GIO Stadium via the Ticketek system you may be promoted to indicate if you are intending to travel to the game via Bus. If so, please follow the prompts. This will assist with transport planning;
- Please check the transport page on the GIO Stadium website for the final bus schedule.
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
The usual drop off and pick up points at GIO Stadium will apply. Please adhere to 1.5m social distancing when queuing for taxis or rideshare services.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Tickets to the games will only be available to Canberra Raiders and Brumbies members. Members will be directly communicated from their respective clubs with regard to tickets.
The GIO Stadium Box Office will be closed.
Why can’t I sit next to my friends or my family members?
The seating plan for GIO Stadium has been developed to allow appropriate spacing between all patrons attending. In order to have patrons in attendance, it is important that these rules are adhered to. Unfortunately, at this point in time this means that family members or friends can’t sit directly next to each other.
Can I take transport to GIO Stadium?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information and times available from QCity.
Additional information relating to public transport and COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/help-and-advice/travelling-and-transport
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at GIO Stadium?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue. Always practice safe social distancing and hygiene practices.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection. No bags are permissible into GIO Stadium, all belongings must be kept on you and able to be carried on your worn clothing.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Staff, visitors and contractors are not to attend any venue if they:
- Have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in in the last 14 days (in particular fever, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, sore throat).
- Have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Have had close contact with or cared for someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Have been in close contact with anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
Patrons are asked to apply COVID-19 recommended hygiene procedures at all times whilst in attendance at the venue – information to be found at: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/. On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
Full details of Conditions of Entry will be communicated to ticketholders directly by the club or via Ticketek, including the additional temporary conditions of entry relating to these matches due to Covid-19.
No signs will be permitted unless otherwise authorised by GIO Stadium.
All blankets must be able to be held up for inspection.
Are bags allowed into GIO Stadium?
Bags are not permissible currently, all items brought in must be able to be carried by hand or in your worn clothing.
How can I park at GIO Stadium and what is the fee?
Parking fees will be waived to remove the need for cash collection at entry points to GIO Stadium carparks. Access to the East carparks via Masterman St and West carparks via Battye St.
Due to the small number of patrons attending and ample parking, there will be no corporate parking available.
Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Free accessible parking is available on both the East (Masterman St) and West (Battye St) sides of the stadium.
Please park legally at all times and refer to the parking maps on the GIO Stadium website for more information.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at GIO Stadium?
Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
What are the gate opening times?
GIO Stadium will be open for allocated attendees one hour and fifteen minutes before kick-off, and the venue shall close as soon as is possible post match. It should be noted that there will be no player mix and patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the final siren.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
Select food and beverage outlets will be open. Please practice social distancing at all times, and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff. A limited food and beverage menu will be available including gluten free and vegetarian options.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I access my ticket?
If you have purchased your corporate package from GIO Stadium, your ticket will be available via EventHub. Names and contact numbers will be requested of people attending corporate areas.
If you are a corporate guest of the Canberra Raiders or Brumbies, the clubs will communicate with you directly, in relation to accessing tickets.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Due to restrictions on the provision of food and drinks, guests will be provided individual meals. Drinks will also be served using a contactless service option.
Service times are restricted to one hour before kick-off and thirty minutes after the conclusion of the game.