TEMPORARY CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please check this page before the game as conditions may change.
Game Day Information
Saturday 5 March – Super Rugby Pacific competition – Brumbies v NSW Waratahs
Tickets: Purchase online from Ticketek. No tickets are available from the box office at the venue.
Free Game Day Bus: see Public Transport
Parking: Available in stadium parking areas. $10 cash payment. Early bird is $5 cash, up to 45 minutes prior to kick-off
Gates Open: 5:10pm
Kick Off: 7:45pm
In addition to GIO Stadium’s usual Conditions of Entry, the following additional temporary conditions are in place as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic:
- Patrons can voluntarily use the Check In CBR App once inside GIO Stadium
- The primary purchaser is also responsible for providing the contact details of all other ticketholders. By purchasing or redeeming ticket(s), you acknowledge you understand the requirement for all ticketholders to adhere to ACT COVID-19 Health Directions
- Please be advised that tickets purchased for games at GIO Stadium could be subject to cancellation if there is a reduction in capacity due to the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic as stipulated by the ACT Chief Health Officer in the Public Health Order Exemption
- The GIO Stadium Box Office is open for ticket sales on match day.
- All attendees must have a ticket, including babies and children under the age of 5
- Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen
- Ticketek is the only official ticketing agent for matches at GIO Stadium
- You may be asked to verify your identity against your ticket.
- For easier access, patrons are asked to enter through the gate provided on their ticket
- Patrons will have a reserved seat and must remain in that designated seat, even in wet weather. Tickets will show a Bay, Row and Seat number
- Seating Plan Map
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
- All bags are subject to inspection to verify permissible items
- Clear, see-through bags are permitted for entry subject to inspections if the contents cannot be clearly seen
- You may be asked to place any items brought into the venue on an inspection table for verification by security at the time of entry – this includes items in clear, see-through bags
- At the time of entry, patrons are permitted to carry essential items:
- either in your hand or pockets
- in clear, see-through bags, where items can be easily verified
- including individual items of non-commercial food in clear or sealed packaging such as a sandwich, chip packet or muesli bar
- including one sealed, non-alcoholic beverage in a plastic bottle or thermos and up to 1L in size
- including items such as nappies, wipes, and formula for infants
- including one blanket, however the blanket must be held up at shoulder level from a corner if requested by security
- One camera with a lens less than 300mm in length
What can’t I bring into GIO Stadium?
- Hard sided eskies are not permitted
- Any musical instruments, such as horns, trumpets, vuvuzelas, etc, without prior written consent
- Professional filming equipment
- Any signage or posters without prior approval
- Balls of any kind
- Jackets or items of clothing must not be placed in clear, see-through bags, as contents must be easily verified. Please wear (preferred) or carry items.
Corporate guests are subject to the above terms and conditions for entry. In addition to this:
- All corporate guests may be asked to provide their name when entering the corporate area
- The corporate dress code will be applicable
Travelling by personal vehicle
- Parking at GIO Stadium is subject to a $10 charge payable by cash only in all areas
- Early bird parking is $5 cash only payment, 45 minutes prior to kick-off
- Overflow parking is available from 6pm at the University of Canberra accessed via College St and buses will have some capacity to pick up on College St which is a 20-minute walk to/from the stadium. Please consider car-pooling to alleviate traffic congestion as parking will be limited.
- Traffic management will be in effect on the Western and Eastern sides of the venue allowing patrons to park with minimal interaction with attendants
- Parking officers will be active in the precinct during the event and drivers are reminded to park legally and safely. Please be mindful and respectful of residents who live nearby.
- Parking vouchers will be utilised and corporate parking is available on match day;
- Patrons in West Corporate areas or seated in the West Grandstand (Bays 7-15), North Terrace (Bays 16-21), South Terrace (Bays 1-6) and Inner Bowl (Bays 77-79 & 50-61) are asked to park in the West car park and enter through the West Gate;
- Patrons in East Corporate areas or seated in the East Grandstand (Bays 22-32) and Inner Bowl (Bays 62-76) are asked to park in the East car park and enter through the East gate;
- Parking Map (PDF)
Travelling by bus
- Please check the transport page on the GIO Stadium website for the final bus schedule.
- Additional information relating to public transport can be found at the Transport Canberra page
Travelling by Taxi / Rideshare services
- Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where can I get tickets to the games? Can I buy tickets at the gate?
Tickets to the games will be available initially to club members. The club will communicate with members in relation to the purchase of tickets.
The GIO Stadium Box Office will be open on match day for ticket purchases. Assistance will be available for ticket holders who have issues with their tickets when entering.
Can I sit next to my friends or my family members?
Spectators may be seated in household or family groups.
Can I take transport to GIO Stadium?
Bus services provided by QCity will be available to and from the venue. Information and times available from QCity.
Additional information relating to public transport can be found at the Transport Canberra page.
How do I access my ticket?
Your ticket will be available on Ticketek via Mobile Ticket and also be able to Print-at-home ezyTicket. Please ensure you have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the venue and your phone brightness is at 100%. Also ensure your phone is not on dark mode and the whole QR code is visible on the screen.
Can I give my ticket to someone else?
No – only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue or access hospitality. Tickets are strictly non-transferrable. You may be asked to produce your ID to be verified against your ticket.
Should I make any special arrangements before arriving at GIO Stadium?
Arrive as early as possible, as there may be delays upon entering the venue.
You may be requested to present your belongings to security guards for inspection.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell?
Before attending the venue, patrons are urged to continue to protect themselves and the community by:
- Maintaining good hand hygiene
- Physical distancing
- Staying home if unwell and getting tested
- Voluntarily checking in using the Check In CBR app; and
- Monitoring the latest travel advice.
On match day, patrons who are feeling unwell should notify a customer service attendant or first aid officer on site immediately to ask for assistance.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell after the game?
Seek medical advice immediately.
What can I bring into GIO Stadium?
Full details of Conditions of Entry will be communicated to ticketholders directly by the club or via Ticketek, including the additional temporary conditions of entry relating to these matches due to COVID-19.
No signs will be permitted unless otherwise authorised by GIO Stadium.
All blankets must be able to be held up for inspection.
Are bags allowed into GIO Stadium?
- Yes, but we recommend carrying items in clear, see-through bags for faster entry.
- Security guards must search every bag that enters GIO Stadium which can be time consuming and causes congestion.
- Not bringing bags reduces the risk of crowding and makes it easier for physically distance when entering the ground.
How can I park at GIO Stadium and what is the fee?
Parking is $10 and is cash payment only. Early bird is $5 cash payment, within 45 minutes of gates opening.
Access to the East carparks via Masterman St and West carparks via Battye St.
Corporate voucher parking is available.
Access to the Eastern car park will be via Braybrooke St and turning onto Masterman St.
Free accessible parking is available on both the East (Masterman St) and West (Battye St) sides of the stadium.
Please park legally at all times and refer to the parking maps on the GIO Stadium website for more information.
Can I be dropped off and picked up at GIO Stadium?
Regular gameday drop-off points will be in place on the corner of Leverrier St and Battye Street, in front of the AIS Arena. Rideshare pick-up and drop-off points are also available at these locations.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9UQQp2Zt7S3mPSr16
What are the gate opening times?
GIO Stadium will be open at 1:00pm and the venue shall close as soon as is possible post match. It should be noted that there will be no player mix and patrons will be instructed to leave immediately after the final siren.
Will there be food outlets open for service?
Select food and beverage outlets will be open including gluten free and vegetarian options. Please practice physical distancing where possible, and be courteous to fellow attendees and follow direction from all staff. Please return to your seat after purchasing food or beverages.
In addition to the FAQs, please read the corporate FAQs if you are a nominated hospitality ticket holder.
How do I enter the venue?
Corporate guests are required to enter the venue via the corporate entrances. Patrons in West corporate areas should park and enter via the West. Patrons in East corporate areas should park and enter via the East.
How do I access my ticket?
If you have purchased your corporate package directly from GIO Stadium, your ticket will be available via EventHub. Names and contact numbers will be requested of people attending corporate areas.
If you are a corporate guest of the Brumbies or Raiders, the club will communicate with you directly in relation to accessing tickets.
Can I give my ticket to someone else for hospitality?
Only nominated attendees will be permitted to enter the venue and access hospitality. If this person cannot attend the game, the ticket is non-transferrable.
What food and beverage service can I expect?
Service times are restricted to one hour before kick-off and close by the conclusion of the game.
How many patrons can sit in the outdoor corporate area?
The corporate areas allow up to the current venue capacity.